How-To video for Socket Grafting without flap reflection using Bone Graft Cement & Augma Shield™.
Applicable for: Bond Apatite®, 3D Bond+™.
Multiple translations are available by clicking on “CC” in the video.
Socket Grafting without Flap Reflection : Surgical Protocols
- No need to raise a flap in a socket with 4 bony walls.
- After extraction and complete debridement, activate and place the cement into the socket.
- Place a dry, unfolded gauze above the cement and press firmly for 3 seconds, first with a finger and then with a periosteal elevator.
- Protect the exposed cement with Augma Shield™.
- Suture and secure Augma Shield™ in place with a cross stitch suture.
- The cement should be well compacted in the cervical zone, though filling the apex zone is not crucial.
- During the initial stage of healing, the cement should not be left exposed.
- If Augma Shield™ is not available in your country a simple collagen sponge or plug can be used instead.
Explanations by: Amos Yahav, DMD